Help with URL/links....

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Sat Nov 22 00:49:55 EST 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:17:01PM -0700, Brian Peyatt wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to add a URL in pidgin that mimics the functionality of the
> http handler.
> Meaning that when a user types in a link, i.e.
> mx://mxddd2/play?daily=74388&name=AS_5680_V018_100308, it would show up
> as a link.
> Currently, pidgen thinks it is just text.

This has for a while now been a feature people have asked for and that we
have wanted to have. As of recently some work has been done to make this
happen. It appears to mostly be working, so hopefully sometime in the next
couple of releases it should be possible to have plugins add 'protocols'
so that this can be made to work.

    -Etan