pidgin: f852e4b1: Allow blank resources on XMPP when creat...

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Fri Nov 28 21:16:13 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 21:50 -0500, rekkanoryo at pidgin.im wrote:
> Revision: f852e4b127e886aca05cce9878f9bb7019a0eaec
> Ancestor: 2cc8e4346c2748d5b7e177197f54e0146fca809d
> Author: rekkanoryo at pidgin.im
> Date: 2008-11-28T02:42:47
> Branch: im.pidgin.pidgin
>
> Modified files:
>         libpurple/protocols/jabber/jabber.c
>         libpurple/protocols/jabber/libxmpp.c
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> Allow blank resources on XMPP when creating/modifying accounts.  This works
> perfectly with both ejabberd and Google Talk.  Other servers should be OK too.

The xmpp server that dreamhost uses for xmpp hosting rejects empty
resource with 406: Not Acceptable. I don't know how widely use that is,
or which implementation they are using. When signing on I also don't get
the stanza that says bind is supported (actually, I received no
"feature" stanza from it at all).

I am not going to disapprove it because I don't really know much beyond
what I just said, but some one may want to look into this.

-khc