Channeling user's attention and funds to help us implement A/V for Pidgin & Adium

Eric Richie eric at adiumx.com
Fri Oct 17 11:56:48 EDT 2008

I think my biggest concern would be that users might view it as an
'ad'.  It is, but also isn't.  I just think it could be a tricky
situation.  I know that with Adium we've promised our users that we
will never become adware and I wouldn't want to give the impression
that we are somehow going down that route.  That isn't to say that I
disagree with the idea though.  I just feel that implementation could
be tricky.

-Eric

P.S. Shouldn't the expected behavior be that the capabilities are
checked before the attempt is even made and if the client doesn't
support audio/video/foo it won't even try?