Re-start the release process

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Oct 18 12:50:51 EDT 2008

It's been two weeks and a couple of days since 2.5.2 was supposed to
release, but because of services problems it never happened.  In order
to prevent the release from languishing indefinitely, I'd like to call
for quick comments from any developer who knows of a reason we should
not release h:im.pidgin.pidgin more or less immediately.  In the
absence of such comments, I suggest we release tonight or tomorrow.  I
am willing to do the basic release (source tarballs) myself, if that
is acceptable to the Fedora-can't-build-regular-tarballs crowd.  If
not, maybe someone in that crowd can step forward.  ;-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.