Status of new servers

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Oct 22 04:50:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 02:43 -0700, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On that note, I'm going to look at backing up /etc, /home, and /srv and
> on each box, as a minimum. I also need to try to get the Trac hotcopy
> code from homing working on imperial (that's where Trac is, right?).

Yes, trac is on imperial, in /srv/trac/.  But I think it stores data
in postgresql, which probably stores its data somewhere in /var?
Maybe we should backup all of /var?  Or part of it?

FYI NetworkRedux is doing some sort of weekly backup, but I don't
think their backup system has all the kinks worked out yet.  So it
probably still makes sense for us to backup important files on our
own.  Where are you backing them up to?

Also, what does the trac hotcopy code do?

-Mark