Status of new servers

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:40:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 02:43 -0700, Mark Doliner wrote:
>> On that note, I'm going to look at backing up /etc, /home, and /srv and
>> on each box, as a minimum. I also need to try to get the Trac hotcopy
>> code from homing working on imperial (that's where Trac is, right?).

Make sure you use trac-admin from /usr/local/bin/ -  there is a
version in /usr/bin, but it doesn't correspond to the the trac version
we're using.
I actually want to get rid of the one in /usr, but I'm not sure how it
got there.

> Yes, trac is on imperial, in /srv/trac/.  But I think it stores data
> in postgresql, which probably stores its data somewhere in /var?
> Maybe we should backup all of /var?  Or part of it?

There's a script that I wrote that rlaager should have somewhere that
will backup trac and the postgresql db associated with it.

> Also, what does the trac hotcopy code do?

It backs up the trac instance (but not the associated postgresql db).

-D