libpurple: personal message != status message

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Wed Sep 10 11:38:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 14:39 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Well, I can think on some solution if you like. Have only one field
> for the personal message and no field for the status message. You will
> fill the status message only when you create a custom status manually.

I have an alternative suggestion:

You don't want the PSM to be considered a status message, so don't use
the status API to implement it in msn-pecan. Don't include a message
attribute in the status types you register, and implement setting PSM as
an account action like setting Friendly Name is currently done.

Regards,

Stu.