[Adium-devl] libpurple: personal message != status message

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:36:28 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Peter Hosey <boredzo at adiumx.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2008, at 14:52:37, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> Why would this user set his "status message" for? I imagine he would
>> want this message to be used somehow.
>
> Maybe he doesn't expect status message to = personal message. This is
> common among former users of the official MSN clients, and certainly
> reasonable if we provide an editor for the personal message that is
> separate from the editor for the status message.

Yes, but msn users set the "status message" because there is no other
way to set the "personal message", so once there is an option for a
"personal message" why would anyone set a "status message" if he/she
doesn't want the "personal message" to be overridden by the "status
message".

Imagine an option that makes the personal message untouchable by the
status message. Then the status message is not used anywhere, so why
have it?

--
Felipe Contreras