[Adium-devl] libpurple: personal message != status message

Peter Hosey boredzo at adiumx.com
Wed Sep 10 19:07:34 EDT 2008

On Sep 10, 2008, at 15:36:28, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Yes, but msn users set the "status message" because there is no
> other way to set the "personal message" …

Once they figure out that status message = personal message. If we
change that, then we have two seemingly separate items that really do
the same thing (setting status message “also” changes personal
message), or one item that's useless (setting status message doesn't
do anything to MSN accounts).

> Imagine an option that makes the personal message untouchable by the
> status message. Then the status message is not used anywhere, so why
> have it?

MSN is not the only protocol we support.