[Adium-devl] libpurple: personal message != status message

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Sep 11 13:26:54 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 2:49 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> a) MSN is arguably the most used protocol in the world, are you going
> to not integrate features because they only apply to msn? [1]
>
> [1] http://billionsconnected.com/blog/2008/08/global-im-market-share-im-usage/

I don't think the data on that web site really supports that statement
because it doesn't give any numbers.  For example, it's possible that
the USA might have more IM users than Europe and Asia combined.

The web site would support the statement like "MSN is the leading
protocol in more countries than any other protocol."  Of course, the
data also comes from people using a 3rd party mobile IM client, which
means it's probably biased toward people who use IM on their cell
phone and are willing and able to download an IM client not from an
official source.

-Mark