Status Messages Vs Personal Messages

Josh Mueller minielim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 16:18:27 EDT 2008

2008/9/11 Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com>:
> I don't think we need to change this because I believe most people
> (especially if the status box will be keeping the status, as it now
> does) will either always have a message or never have a message. The
> next most common use case will be messages attached to particular saved
> statuses. I highly doubt there are enough users who frequently go from
> *having no message* to *typing a message* to outweigh the users who
> never use a message.

I fit into the second and third use cases. I normally use saved
statuses when I am away (many times a day), no satus when I am
available (many times a day), and occasionally type a message when one
of my saved statuses doesn't fit the reason that I am away (a couple
of times a week).

As it looks like the status message will stay when the status changes,
I request that it be made to select the text when the status is
changed. This would allow one to very easily remove the text when it
is no longer needed.

--
Josh Mueller