Google Summer of Code

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Apr 21 03:39:31 EDT 2009

Hi everybody!  We had 63 really great applications this year for
Google Summer of Code.  It's always hard to narrow down the list of
applicants, and of course we couldn't accept everyone we wanted to.
If you're a student who applied to Pidgin/Finch/libpurple and didn't
get accepted, we'd love to have you contribute anyway!  This is an
open source project and we think there's a lot of opportunity to learn
just by volunteering a little--fix a bug or two, triage some bugs in
our trac, add some documentation, etc.

Anyhoo, you can see the list of the seven accepted students here:
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/pidgin

Thanks to everyone who applied!
-Mark