yahoo's authentication method

Al Cohen al_cohen at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:56:41 EDT 2009

Hi John,

I heard a rumor that Yahoo is going to turn off the data center behind scs.msg.yahoo.com sometimes in summer. If this is true, then pidgin won't be able to connect to Yahoo.

How hard is it to implement protocol 0x10 (16)?

Another friend was telling me that Miranda has crack the new protocol already, but I didn't verify it yet. Is it possible for libpurple to leverage their works?

Cheers!