Ideas for minor changes

Jason Straw jason.straw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 23:33:04 EDT 2009

John Bailey wrote:
> Stu Tomlinson wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 23:33, John Bailey<rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Idea #1 - Make it easier to tell who are developers in #pidgin
> <snip>
>> I'm not really in favour of this, I really do like the Freenode
>> guidelines about this.

Freenode guidelines are specific to OP.  They say nothing about voice
(in fact I believe that #freenode voices staff that are on call)
> <snip>
>> I'd probably stop identifying to NickServ if this was implemented.
>
> I don't want anyone to quit identifying to services over something this simple.
>  I guess it's safe to say this is dead.

Is there any reason why a CPW or Developer couldn't opt out of the
auto-voicing.  Also, if a CPW or developer has voice/op access in cs,
they could always /cs devoice #pidgin.  It could also work to just give
access to the voice command and let a CPW or Developer Voice themselves
as a show of access.

Jason

(Lumiere at freenode)