XMPP SSL client certificates

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Aug 6 09:01:48 EDT 2009

Paul Aurich spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I think this solution is pretty close to how I'd imagine it.  Protocols can
> add account options to the "Modify Account" dialog, so one way to do this
> would be to have the XMPP protocol add a "SSL Private Key" option which
> opens a file selection dialog*.
[snip]
> * This isn't currently supported. Pidgin only implements support for
> you could just use a string and treat it as a file path.

Provided that it won't cause explosions on downgrading, or that a way
can be engineered to prevent said explosions, a path preference type
could go into 2.6.0 as an assist to making this happen in the future.
(If we're not talking about targeting 2.6.0-timeframe support, I
wouldn't worry about that.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.