Upgrading from GAIM

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Aug 13 12:23:27 EDT 2009

I'm guessing you're just not using a recent enough version of Pidgin.
Yahoo changed their protocol recently and we had to change Pidgin to
allow it to continue to work.  Pidgin 2.5.8 should work.  I'm
surprised that Gaim still connects.

Also, please cc the devel mailing list on replies, so other people can
help and so future generations of users can benefit from the questions
and answers.

-Mark