Unable to connect to Yahoo and ICQ accounts through pidgin.

Adam adam.kumar1983 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:40:53 EDT 2009

Hi All,
Thanks for you reply.

I've upgraded it to Pidgin 2.5.8.

Now yahoo is working fine but aim and icq are not working.

I have checked the dbus-monitor, for aim and icq it was saying that
"Authentication failed"

I am attaching the log of the dbus-monitor for both yahoo and icq

I'm connecting the aim with the following commands.

/usr/local/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountNew string:username string:prpl-aim

/usr/local/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountSetUsername int32:24301
string:username
/usr/local/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountSetPassword int32:24301 string:pass
/usr/local/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountsAdd int32:24301
/usr/local/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountSetEnabled int32:24301
string:gtk-gaim int32:1
/usr/local/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountRegister int32:24301

can any one suggest us what might be the problem and possible solution to
it.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks.