pidgin: e9fdd89a: jabber: Strip the '/' off of a JID in ja..

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Sun Aug 23 00:51:45 EDT 2009

And Mark Doliner spoke on 08/22/2009 04:51 PM, saying:
> Hmm, is this change ONLY needed to handle the case where our JID ends
> in a slash?  I wonder if there is another way we could fix this...
> like maybe not appending the slash?

Yeah, I think the old jabber_id_new accepted a trailing slash and stripped
it off. Having the UIs not add the trailing slash when dealing with the
account split would work, I think.

>  Or appending a default resource?

This was done before but was changed in 2.5.3. I don't remember why.

I'm less in favor of this. "foo at bar.com/" *is* an invalid JID.

> I'm afraid that Jabber's normalize function gets called often and the extra
> strlen and strdup could be expensive.

Yeah, that's a good point.