pidgin: e9fdd89a: jabber: Strip the '/' off of a JID in ja..

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon Aug 24 19:43:19 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 09:51:45PM -0700, Paul Aurich wrote:
<snip>
> >  Or appending a default resource?
>
> This was done before but was changed in 2.5.3. I don't remember why.

We stopped giving accounts a default resource because it confused people
(who never changed it anywhere and thus could not take advantage of
simultaneous connections). Not using a default resource also works better
with the current thinking that from a privacy perspective it is slightly
better if a users resources aren't guessable (prevents targetted resource
probing).

I forget if there were more reasons.

    -Etan