symbol lookup

EuroElessar euroelessar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:54:47 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have some troubles with libpurple. I try to add it's support to my
Qt application and I've never used glib or gtk yet.
this is content of purpleprotocolplugin.cpp

#include "purpleprotocolplugin.h"
#include <libpurple/plugin.h>
#include <libpurple/core.h>
#include <libpurple/accountopt.h>
#include <QDebug>

void PurpleProtocolPlugin::init()
{
	purple_core_init("qutim"); // fails there
	for(GList *protocol = purple_plugins_get_protocols(); protocol !=
NULL; protocol = protocol->next)
	{
		_PurplePluginInfo *info = (_PurplePluginInfo *)protocol->data;
		qDebug() << info->name;
	}
}

my app loads plugins and startup and calls init() method of them,
PurpleProtocolPlugin is just one of plugins. but at initialization of
PurpleProtocolPlugin this error is thrown
$ ./qutim
./qutim: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/purple-2/libsilcpurple.so:
undefined symbol: purple_account_user_split_new

both libpurple and libpurple-dev were installed from ubuntu janty repo
and their version is 1:2.5.8-1ubuntu2
Have you any suggestions?
With best regards,
Nigmatullin Ruslan