pidgin: 56aef266: Try to make this help string shorter to ...

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Fri Aug 28 04:48:06 EDT 2009

markdoliner at pidgin.im wrote:
> Revision: 56aef266e32da36a675d0806e9c68c98e8b714af
> Ancestor: 8e3f07ee41e0a06ef01e353e2162d8fcf3d6bb33
> Author: markdoliner at pidgin.im
> Date: 2009-08-28T07:30:33
> Branch: im.pidgin.pidgin
>
> Modified files:
>         pidgin/gtkdialogs.c
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> Try to make this help string shorter to increase the odds of people
> reading it.  Screenshots at http://kingant.net/pidgin/PidginAboutWindow/
> This version is screenshot3.png
<snip>
> -				" we do <U><I><B>not</B></I></U> support MXit, Facebook, Skype,"
<snip>
> +			"We can't help with 3rd party protocols or plugins!<br/>"

This might increase the chance someone will read this message
completely, but I think it will decrease the chance people will
understand it.  I believe MXit distributes a copy of Pidgin that bundles
MXit, so to those users, the plugin does not seem to be "third-party."
Others will install distribution packages for protocol plugins like
Facebook and not realize it's not part of Pidgin.  I think being
explicit for these three, which generate the most support traffic by
far, is appropriate.

Kevin