new plugin

roby hariseldon78 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 05:40:36 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Phil Hannent <phil at hannent.co.uk> wrote:
I am not a Pidgin developer but I gave it a go as I think its useful.

I have ubuntu 9.10 64-bit and the plugin does not show up in the plugins list.

I'm sorry, the program is still in developent and soyou have to do some things manually. I'll probably public a little installation howto on the wiki on github.

To compile the plugin you should type (from the project directory)

./configure
make
sudo make install
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libpidgin-sharedesk.so.0.0.0 $HOME/.purple/plugins/libpidgin-sharedesk.so

Also I noticed from your source that you have a couple of warnings [1] and that you are using // for comments, which I think is not the pidgin preferred way.  However I could be wrong on those points.

I'll try to clean up the code from those warnings, and to correct the use of // for comments.
Let me know if you succeed in using the plugin after linking it inside the plugins directory.

--
roby