new plugin

roby hariseldon78 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:15:56 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Phil Hannent <phil at hannent.co.uk> wrote:

I have updated the plugin with your changes, its loading just fine. However its crashing when I try to share the desktop:

upnp_get_ip(...)
init()
do_loop()
calling GetExternalIPAddress
Segmentation fault

maybe something is broken by the new changes, i cannot test now because here at work we don't have a upnp router.  To have more output you can execute
pidgin -d

And i wrote some instructions in the wiki, be sure to have x11vnc and tightvnc installed.
If you feel like helping a lot you can obtain more info for the Segmentation fault in this way:

gdb --args pidgin -d
run
(pidgin start, make it crash like usual)
bt

then there will be a lot of info.

You can disable upnp completely or enable the libpurple implementation (not working for me) in the configuration of the plugin.

This is all I get when I run it from the command line.  Also good job on the warnings, on my setup I have just 2 left:

client.c: In function ‘client_accept_connection_cb’:
client.c:60: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
server.c: In function ‘upnp_discovery_cb’:
server.c:136: warning: ‘ip’ may be used uninitialized in this function

Regards
Phil Hannentok, i'll take a look. Thank you for your testing, it's very difficult to test a social plugin alone :)

--
roby