Pidgin 2.5.5 anyone?

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa.public at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:20:24 EST 2009

2009/2/16 Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com>:
> On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 18:28 -0500, John Bailey wrote:
>> Also, I think after the release, it's time to merge im.pidgin.pidgin.next.minor
>> to im.pidgin.pidgin.  I still want the ICQ XStatus stuff merged before we
>> release 2.6.0, though.
>
> I will get to it.
>
> I hereby publicly promise to commit at least 8 straight hours of coding
> on the XStatus stuff before the chosen release date if it's a release
> blocker. (Read as: "I promise to get the XStatus stuff done before the
> release, unless it turns out that it's going to take a LOT longer than I
> thought.")

Once this is done, I would be grateful if the patch at #2629 were
merged. It is pretty small; basically an implementation of the Pidgin
docklet/tray icon using GtkStatusIcon instead of being X11-specific.
This makes it possible to compile Pidgin with GTK for OS X.
http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx/

(Of course the GtkStatusIcon implementation can also be enabled by
default and used on any platform with GTK 2.10 or newer.)