yahoo's authentication method

Al Cohen al_cohen at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:30:52 EST 2009

I am trying to make some senses out of the
libpurple/protocols/yahoo/yahoo.c.

1) What are the differences between yahoo_process_auth_new() and
yahoo_process_auth_old()? Is the "new" for 9.x and "old" for 8.x and
older?

2) Does TRY_WEBMESSENGER_LOGIN really works? Can someone tell me the
pros/cons on using this vs the other two yahoo_process_auth_old/new?

Lastly, I notice in Yahoo 9.x, it talks to scs1.msg.yahoo.com instead of
YAHOO_PAGER_HOST "scs.msg.yahoo.com". When I change to scs1 in my pidgin,
I cannot login. What's going on?

Thanks!