cygwin and libcurl on windows...

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Mon Feb 23 14:47:01 EST 2009

* Daniel Atallah <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> The win32 version of Pidgin is not a cygwin application, we just use
> the cygwin shell and some cygwin tools to build it.
>
> You will need to use a native Windows version of any library that you
> want to use.

perhaps a little clarifaction:
consider cygwin as its own (userland-)OS ontop of win32.
so trying to link cygwin-libs into a native win32 app will screw it up,
(even if you if you somehow manage to get all symbols resolved).

> You also must only use GPL compatible libraries.

Really ? How can the native win32-libs be used then ?

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info at metux.de   skype: nekrad666