Commands for purple-remote

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Wed Feb 25 07:34:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:46:13AM +0000, Daniel Castro wrote:
> Thanks Etan!
> That does point me to a good place to start.
>
> So basically what I need is something like:
> purple-remote PurpleAccountSetEnabled(account, gtk-gaim, False)
>
> But for every command I try to run I get: bash: syntax error near unexpected
> token `('
> Even if I do:
> ~$ purple-remote PurpleAccountsGetAllActive()
> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
>
> Also, for the first parameter on PurpleAccountSetEnabled will that be the
> Name value for an account on the accounts.xml file under the .purple folder?
>
> Thanks again for all the help.

purple-remote "PurpleAccountsFind(account_username, prpl-jabber)"
purple-remote "PurpleAccountSetEnabled(return_value_from_above, gtk-gaim, 0)"

You need to escape the () from the shell (which is why bash was yelling at
you about syntax errors).

The name of an account is the username of that account for "simple"
accounts and the username+domain for "split" accounts. So "foobarbaz" for
a Yahoo! account, but foobarbaz at irc.freenode.net and foobarbaz at jabber.org
for IRC and XMPP respectively.

    -Etan