Collecting feature requests

Casey Ho pidgin at caseyho.com
Sat Jan 3 18:32:53 EST 2009

> I *highly* suspect that most users voting have disreguarded, never
> assimilated the idea that their input does not affect the direction of
> development.
>
> If brainstorm is in fact restricting users to one vote up or down per
> item, then what is most clear from those results is that users don't
> even really understand what they are voting on.  Because a vote down for
> voice and video in QQ is hardly, if we were to follow the trends, would
> hardly advance voice and video support in any other protocol.
>
> Luke

To reiterate my other email, this is not a development tool or a tool
to influence the direction of development.

This is a place for brainstorming, as the name implies.  And the point
of brainstorming is to encourage discussion without having to act on
things right away, i.e. get involved in a flamewar with devs on Trac.

Drupal's performance is a straw man argument.  I had configured Drupal
to automatically shut down in the case of high load/high usage- based
on what you had said earlier.  Drupal was not responsible for the
server downtine earlier this week.

I'm glad to see that a voting plugin is being installed, but there's
nothing to say that both Brainstrom and Trac voting can't coexist.  If
it ever hinders development, we can shut down Brainstorm, the trigger
has been pulled before this has ever been proven.

-Casey