libpurple theme support improvements

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Thu Jan 15 18:31:54 EST 2009

Marc Seiler wrote:
> I was looking through the SoC and the "libpurple theme support
> improvements" caught my eye. I am not a C/C++ programmer but I am good
> with other languages such as XML and more web based languages. So I was
> wondering since this is a SoC project possibility would it not be
> possible for me to work on a layout convention for the themes themselves
> such as the xml for the information and the folder layout and how it
> should be all stored such as packaging and such? I don't want to step on
> anyones toes if they have plans to do this for SoC but I have been
> trying to find a way to participate in pidgin besides just providing
> people with support when they enter the irc room and I think I can help
> with this.

We only focused on a new format during SoC.  Unfortunately, we didn't
have enough time to do some of the cooler things like implement support
for Adium themes and so on.  However, it is possible to implement new
loaders and so on, and I at least am open to new ideas for the themes.

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>