writing and reading from files

arun kumar arunkumar0107 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:42:26 EST 2009

thanks for replying.......

i am writing the plugin in c. (but ready to change to perl if things
are easier on that)..the text is a message sent by any user to a
particular user.  this text, before being displayed to this user (
hence using revceiving_im_msg signal ), is processed  by a function
which is totally outside the plugin....  that is why i thought to
write the text to a temporary file which the function can read and
when it write backs to the file , the plugin can read it from the

cheers,
arun