libpurple / find active conversations

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Wed Jul 8 12:15:23 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 06:03:11PM +0200, Cedric Roche wrote:

> Ok, thanks I didn't know that purple_conversation_new will re-use an existing one (is that written somewhere ?). I thought that to not create a new PurpleConversation when one already exists, I had to use purple_find_conversation_with_account and this function needs the account corresponding to the buddy and I didn't find a function that return the buddy only with the name.
>
> I'm just going to use  purple_conversation_new every time I send a msg.
>
> Thx

You have a buddy name but not the account it goes with? That's not enough
information to do anything useful, how did that happen? Alternatively, how
did you get a buddy name without getting the account it goes with? How
were you intending to find the correct buddy with that, considering the
same buddy can exist on multiple accounts and that multiple services have
names that cannot be distinguished from one another (AIM and Yahoo! for
example)?

    -Etan