Proposed changes for Pidgin 2.7.0

Sulabh Mahajan sulabh.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:19:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:34 AM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org>wrote:

> Now, I ask for a vote from our current developers and Crazy Patch Writers.
> think holding this vote open until we release Pidgin 2.6.0 is a reasonable
> timeframe within which to cast votes.  To start the voting off, I cast a
> vote of
> yes.

If my vote counts, its Yes.

As a new developer, with not too much experience, I have no idea of how old
is some version, and what's the damage caused when using a function which
has been supported since ages, but not by our minimum requirements. That
happened with g_strv_length() for Yahoo prpl, I assumed it won't cause a
problem, as it existed in the oldest version of the Glib Reference manual
provided here http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/

I just use the manual of the oldest version (2.6.6) , and assume at least
this would be safe.

-- Sulabh