[Suggestions] Reminder from groups.im

ethan.jiang at incesoft.com ethan.jiang at incesoft.com
Mon Jul 27 02:43:12 EDT 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is Ethan from groups.im (http://groups.im/) staff writing to you.

groups.im provides instant online group chat service based on IM (Instant
Messenger) tools as Windows Live Messenger.

When you create a group or join a groups.im group, you can chat, discuss or
share photos with your group members.

Currently there are some group users coming from your software, they really
enjoy the services.  But some of them feedback that they cannot

see the member's nickname during group chat, what they see is
"group1234 at groups.im says: <mailto:group1234 at groups.im%20says:> " .  We
checked the problem and found that it's because that your software cannot
totally support Windows Live Messenger MSNC-protocols.

So in order to satisfy our mutual users' requirements, we recommend you to
update your software and provide better services for them.

==

The solution is very simple:

There is a "P4-Context" header in the MIME message which described in the
MSNC-protocols. The header value represent the message preface which is like
"XXX Says:". If the received message include the header, you should replace
"XXX" with the header value before present it to end users.

A complete MIME message which include "P4-Context" header may be like this:

MSG group11234 at groups.im boyce 148

P4-Context: Boyce

Hi

==