Updated list of items blocking Pidgin 2.6.0 release

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Sat Jun 6 02:52:12 EDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 21:16, John Bailey wrote:
> John Bailey wrote:
>> Branches to merge to im.pidgin.pidgin:
>> im.pidgin.cpw.rekkanoryo.icqxstatus and
>> im.pidgin.cpw.malu.client_type
>
> Paul or Etan need to sign off on the client_type branch.  This has
> been the only
> thing blocking merge since my last e-mails.

It looks fine to me (with my extremely minor changes I just pushed).

Marcus, were you waiting for some artwork from hbons?

Speaking of artwork, Mike, don't you still have some artwork to commit?

> An additional item that has cropped up that I want to consider a
> blocker is that
> our friends over at Adium have discovered.  Due to their current
> beta series
> shipping libpurple 2.6.0devel, we've been getting some good testing
> in on the
> Yahoo 16 code.  The problem is they have users who have HTTP proxies
> that do not
> proxy HTTPS connections.  This means that our current proxy code
> fails because
> HTTP proxies seem also to be used for HTTPS.  As a result, a number
> of Adium
> users who were able to log in with our old auth code can no longer
> do so.  We
> probably need a way to explicitly indicate to the proxy code that we
> shouldn't
> use an HTTP proxy for an HTTPS connection (but this needs to be a
> flag--some
> proxies can and do proxy HTTPS), but I'm open to any suggestions.

How does this work for MSN? Shouldn't there be some group of users who
can't log in to MSN since $FIRST_VERSION_OF_ADIUM_WITH_MSNP15?

Would the flag mean that the url-fetch function would bypass the proxy
for those connections or?

~Paul