Privacy Rewrite GSoC Project

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 04:30:28 EDT 2009

Felipe Contreras wrote:
> You only need two lists: allowed people, and blocked people.
> Everything else can be determined by checking whether the buddy is in
> one of those lists.

Glancing at [1], I don't think that can represent the ICQ states of "can
see presence but not send messages" and "can't see presence but can send
messages", or contacts who have not subscribed to your presence on XMPP.
You need at least one more list (the set of all contacts stored on your
roster) for XMPP, and possibly another on top of that for ICQ.

[1]
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GSoC2009/PrivacyRewrite/protocol_specific

--
Will