Privacy Rewrite GSoC Project

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 04:39:46 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Will Thompson<will at willthompson.co.uk> wrote:
> Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> You only need two lists: allowed people, and blocked people.
>> Everything else can be determined by checking whether the buddy is in
>> one of those lists.
>
> Glancing at [1], I don't think that can represent the ICQ states of "can
> see presence but not send messages" and "can't see presence but can send
> messages", or contacts who have not subscribed to your presence on XMPP.
> You need at least one more list (the set of all contacts stored on your
> roster) for XMPP, and possibly another on top of that for ICQ.

The people on your XMPP roster is the people on your buddy list
(contacts), something you already have right now. The subscription is
just a field of of such buddies, something already there.

In ICQ can you allow someone to see you even if he is not in your
buddy list? If the answer is no, then it acts as XMPP subscription and
can be a field for the buddy, if the answer is yes, then a new buddy
list "visible people" would be needed.

--
Felipe Contreras