libpurple: IM buddy list size limitation

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Jun 18 08:11:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 07:30:26PM +0900, Cristian Mircioiu wrote:
<snip>
> My question is: is it possible with libpurple to send a message to a buddy
> that added us on their contact list but which doesn't exist on our list
> anymore ?
>
> If not possible because of libpurple ( or maybe because of the particular
> network, like gtalk ), any advice of what can be done ?
>
> Thank you,
> Cristian

libpurple certainly allows you to send messages to people who are not on
the accounts buddy list.

You will need to make sure that your buddies have you on their buddy
lists/authorized lists because some protocols block messages from people
that aren't. I'm unsure if any protocols block messages from people that
don't have you on their lists, but I would doubt it.

    -Etan