Libpurple makes its way onto a phone - congrats!

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:21:39 EDT 2009

I investigated this a bit.

I found:

http://opensource.palm.com/packages.html

which provides libpurple and "libpurpleadapter," the latter which
wraps libpurple with d-bus. The comments seem to imply they have a
proprietary Java UI, but it does look like the Dbus wrapper is general
enough not to be considered 'part' of the UI.

This is that weird gray area we seem to hit a lot. Anyone have any
thoughts on this?