Yahoo! IMs received in pairs, one duplicate of the other

Sulabh Mahajan sulabh.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:54:29 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Recently I observed a strange behavior. While chatting with a friend on
Yahoo, I received a "duplicate copy" of each IM being sent to me after a few
seconds of receiving the original IM. Etan Reisner (deryni) says it has been
reported before. I was unable to find a ticket for it. If someone knows
anything about this issue please let me know.

As much as I have researched, this is what I have come to know: A duplicate
message packet arrives after 7 secs, this packet has a key 450 with value 1.
This same key has value 0 for the original packet.

Since my conclusion is based upon a single instance with a single contact,
before coding a patch for it, I wish to know if someone else has seen this
behavior.

Sulabh