Buddy list interface code

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon Jun 22 17:22:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:19:16AM +0530, Ajay Ahuja wrote:
> i think u didnt get me
> i  have created a search window. this search window is written in python. in
> this window if i give a buddy name as input it displays me a list of buddies
> present in my buddy list whos name or alias matches with given input buddy
> name.
> i now want to display this list with same functionality as my buddy list.
> how to do this.

You have python code which creates its own input box somewhere other than
the pidgin buddylist window, which input box accepts parts of buddy names
and displays a list of matching buddies?

Do you now want to put that displayed list inside the pidgin buddy list
window? Or do you want to make the pidgin buddy list window do the same
sort of displayed buddy filtering?

I'm assuming your python code is using the pidgin DBus interface?

    -Etan