Buddy list interface code

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Jun 23 10:20:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:06:50PM +0530, Ajay Ahuja wrote:
> actually i have written a code which deals with  blist.xml file only and has
> no link with any other part of the code.

Once you have your list of buddies can you do anything with them? Or is
your code simply proof-of-concept for a filtered list?

> i dont even hav idea about dbus so now i hve to go for  a code in c and
> frontend in gtk+...
>
> i'll come back to u after these things are done.
>
> sorry actually i'm still in confusion whether what to use python or c... and
> i need to complete it with in 2 days.. is it possible

You cannot write a pidgin plugin in python, not officially at least.

If what you want to be doing is making the *existing* pidgin buddy list
window filter the list of visible buddies down based on the inline search
string then the ticket link I provided in my first email is the correct
information for you.

If that is not what you want then please explain your goal again.

    -Etan