Headless client ?

Marius Orcsik marius.orcsik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:53:12 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I come in peace with another idea which probably won't get any answers.

Is it possible to create a headless purple client ? And by headless I mean a
daemon which only sends/receives d-bus signals and which could be plugged to
any interface in the world, without having the `bloat` of pidgin and/or
finch.

The more specific use-case would be a client similar to the Moblin 'People
tab' interface. (Another example would be the KDE Lancelot launcher, which
has a similar function)

Do you know of any such clients existing at this moment ?

Best regards.
-Marius