Moving Buddies from one group to other

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Jun 29 01:41:53 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 10:34 PM, anand arun<anand.arun at oracle.com> wrote:
> The help page for Pidgin says that :
>
> How can I move buddies/chats into another group?
>
> Select the buddy/chat you want to move in the buddylist.
> Press 't' to tag the buddy/chat. You can tag more than one buddy/chat at the
> same time if you want.
> Select the buddy/group you want to move the tagged buddies to.
> Press 'a' to attach. The buddies will be attached to the selected contact.
> The chats will be attached to the current group
>
> However, pressing the 't' does not tag the buddy. It simply opens up the
> search box. And if I drag-drop the buddy from 1 group to another then it
> comes back to the first group when I log off and log into Pidgin. This
> issue is being faced by many users.
>
> Please provide a solution for it and update the help page to have the
> correct information.

Hi Anand.  The information you read is from
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Finch , which actually
addresses the terminal-based IM client Finch, not Pidgin.  To move
buddies/chats into another group in Pidgin just drag and drop them.

And please refrain from asking support questions on our development
mailing list.

Thanks,
Mark