Pidgin, Enterprise Instant Messenger?

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon Mar 2 20:00:14 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 06:41:25PM -0600, Eusoj Xirdneh wrote:
> Hi there, i was wondering if theres any plugin/feature/whatever that
> restrict me from adding/deleteing buddys in pidgin?
> I would really use this because i would like pidgin to be the main instant
> messenger between my employees.
> And if theres none, can anyone point me in the right direction to create it?
> thnks.

Assuming an internal XMPP server for the company the server can enforce
this restriction on the clients by ignoring any such requests.

Failing that a plugin might be able to do this but it may need to be
reactive as opposed to proactive. Barring that, pidgin could likely be
patched to simply remove the UI for these features.

    -Etan