Pidgin for windows build problems

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Mar 5 15:16:53 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 07:32:06PM -0000, Sec  wrote:
> Hi Etan, Isabel,
>
> I am trying to build pidgin for windows using the instructions at
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin
>
> However I get errors on sametime.c  I tried to disable that by selecting only some protocols but get
> "inet_aton" related error.
>
> I would love to know how you could actually compile the unchanged and unmodified version of pidgin in the first place.
>
> Can you please help out ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sq

Errors related to inet_aton tend to be because people are trying to use
the configure script on Windows. The Windows build does not use configure.
Which you were already told.

Again, what are the errors you are getting? You cannot get any meaningful
help (and will likely stop getting any help at all) if you continue to
ignore the things you are told and continue to refuse to give any actual
error information.

    -Etan