regarding google summer of code

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Mar 12 22:20:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 01:18:32PM -0800, >^< CrOsS FiRe >^< wrote:
> I have got an project idea which would primarily use pidgin. Should i
> discuss about my project idea here.. ?

If you have questions about your idea, want to know if it is something we
are interested in accepting, want to refine the idea before SoC starts, or
anything of that sort feel free to send email with your questions or
comments. If you are confident that you have a good idea that will work
with little tweaking (the amount that can occur during the proposal
submission process) and feel no need to discuss the specific idea with us
then (unless someone chooses to correct me) you don't need to discuss the
idea here before SoC begins.

To be clear, even if you think your idea is fantastic if you want to get
involved with us and discuss it before SoC starts you are more than
welcome to do so. We will never reject the discussion of ideas SoC related
or otherwise.

    -Etan