Ideas for G_S_o_C

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Mon Mar 16 19:07:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 12:51 +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> We can expand the basic audibles to perhaps anything related to SWF.
>
> For example, we can add SWF support so that when YouTube videos are
> added, an automatic preview is generated. And when audibles are there,
> the audibles are displayed too. I think this can be worthwhile.
> Regards

If you've done background researches and think that this is a worthwhile
project for GSoC, and that you think there's a way to add this without
pulling a SWF library directly into pidgin (perhaps by utilizing webkit
as the conversation window and load a flash plugin, or generate a
thumbnail and presenting it as an IM image, etc) and do it in a way that
still conforms to core/UI split, then go ahead and submit an
application.

We can't really judge individual applications without having receiving
all of them first, and you as the applicant has the responsibility to
convince us that your project is worthwhile.

-khc