Main BList vs Accessors

aluink at gmail.com aluink at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:01:29 EDT 2009

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
                                      --Goethe

"Freedom is living without government coercion."
                   --Ron Paul (www.ronpaul2008.com)

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 18:06, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> 2009/3/15  <aluink at gmail.com>:
>> Moreover, if we only expect clients to work with a single PurpleBuddyList,
>> why do PurpleBlistUiOps pass a list pointer if it's always the same list?
>
> I think the buddy list code was some of the first code that was
> rewritten to be core/UI split, and the buddy list code is pretty
> complicated in general.  I think at some point is was thought that
> maybe some clients would want to have two or more buddy lists.  But I
> think we've realized that there's really no reason for that and it
> makes the code more complicated, so we should probably simplify the
> API for 3.0.0 and consistently allow for only one buddy list.

So for now, since these changes are going to go in before 3.0.0, can I just assume that all PurpleBuddyList* point to the main one?