Main BList vs Accessors

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Mar 16 18:06:57 EDT 2009

2009/3/15  <aluink at gmail.com>:
> Moreover, if we only expect clients to work with a single PurpleBuddyList,
> why do PurpleBlistUiOps pass a list pointer if it's always the same list?

I think the buddy list code was some of the first code that was
rewritten to be core/UI split, and the buddy list code is pretty
complicated in general.  I think at some point is was thought that
maybe some clients would want to have two or more buddy lists.  But I
think we've realized that there's really no reason for that and it
makes the code more complicated, so we should probably simplify the
API for 3.0.0 and consistently allow for only one buddy list.

-Mark