Pidgin accepted to Google Summer of Code

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Mar 18 18:11:43 EDT 2009

Pidgin/Finch/libpurple has been accepted to Google Summer of Code
again this year!  Congrats!  Our project info page is
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/pidgin

Students: The application period opens around 19:00 UTC on March 23.
Feel free to come up with your own idea, or get inspired by our ideas
at http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects

Developers: I encourage you to be a mentor, if only so you can help
out rating applications from students.  I promise I won't pressure you
to actually mentor anyone... yet.  Mosey over to
http://socghop.appspot.com/ and click the "Apply to become a mentor"
link at the bottom of the links on the left.

-Mark